On 13, 14 and 15 November 2019, the II International Congress of Young Researchers in Middle Ages (ICYRMA) will take place at the University of Évora, Portugal. ICYRMA is destinated to students at master, doctoral and postdoctoral level and/or to those who have obtained their academic degrees in the last five years. It aims to be an interdisciplinary space for dissemination, discussion and contact among young researchers who study the Middle Ages from various perspectives: history, archeology, art history, literature, philosophy, philology, anthropology, ethnology, sociology, geography, methodology, among other areas. In this 2nd ICYRMA, the theme will be “Space(s)”. We will only accept proposals related with this theme. Each proposal must fall within one of the following thematic strands: Sources and methodologies.
- Iconographic and textual representations
- Manifestations of power and authority
- Contrasts and convergences between spaces
- Mental conceptions of space
- Connecting spaces: trade and exchanges
- Borders and frontier societies
- Landscape and human habitats
- Specialized spaces: work, religion and knowledge
- Time, memory and materialities
- Translating society in space
- Spaces of health and disease
- Funerary spaces
Until April 30, 2019, call for papers is open.
Those interested should submit their proposals in word or pdf file, including the title and an abstract (maximum of 500 words), indentifying the thematic strand of their proposal, and a short CV (maximum of 400 words), to the email [email protected].
The working languages will be: portuguese, spanish, english and french.
Each participant will have 15 minutes to do their presentation.
Each proposal will be evaluated by two members of the Scientific Committee in a blind review process.
The results of the selection will be announced until June 15, 2019.
Registration fee: 30€.
There will also be the opportunity to publish the communications in an ebook edition with peer review.