On 12, 13 and 14 November 2020, the 3rd International Congress for Young Researchers in Middle Ages (ICYRMA) will take place at the University of Évora, Portugal.
ICYRMA is destinated to students at master, doctoral and postdoctoral level and/or to those who have obtained their academic degrees in the last five years. It aims to be an interdisciplinary space for dissemination, discussion and contact among young researchers who study the Middle Ages from various perspectives: history, archeology, art history, literature, philosophy, philology, anthropology, ethnology, sociology, geography, methodology, among other areas.
In this 3rd ICYRMA, the theme will be “DEATH”. We will ONLY accept proposals related with this theme.
- Each proposal must fall within one of the following thematic strands:
- Picturing Death: material and visual representations
- Narrating Death: historical and literary representations
- Ritualizing Death: from lay practices to official liturgy
- Beyond Death: spectres, ghosts and the undead
- Avoiding Death: medical thought and practices before death
- Forseeing Death: last wills, final demands and eschatology
- Remains of Death: bones, graves and graveyards
- The Cult of Death: relics and holy bodies
- Profiting from Death: markets and business
- Death and Law: to kill and to be killed
- Measuring Death: demographic and territorial analysis
Researching Death: methodology and multidisciplinar approaches
Until April 30, 2020, call for papers is open.
- The working languages will be: portuguese, spanish, english and french.
- Each participant will have 15 minutes to do their presentation (presentations will be made only in person).
- Each proposal will be evaluated by two members of the Scientific Committee in a blind review process.
- The results of the selection will be announced until June 15, 2020.
Registration fee: 30€.
As in previous years, there will also be the opportunity to publish the communications in an ebook edition with peer review.
=» TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION, PLEASE COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING FORM:
More info: https://icyrmauevora.wixsite.com/icyrma/iii-icyrma-2020